Liars! Liars! Liars!

a 360° su musica e cultura pop
The Sheltering Sky

Re: Liars! Liars! Liars!

Post by The Sheltering Sky » 05 May 2021 16:47

Brano coerente e in linea con le più recenti pubblicazioni.

Considerazione stupidamente nostalgica la mia, ma mi mancano le sonorità “da band” che fino all’omonimo erano predominanti. Lungi da me screditare le pubblicazioni successive che ritengo piuttosto valide, specie prima di diventare una one man band.

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 09 Aug 2021 08:34

sono in ascolto di The Apple Drop
The new album finds him working with avant-garde jazz drummer Laurence Pike, multi-instrumentalist Cameron Deyell and lyricist Mary Pearson Andrew. "For the first time I embraced collaboration from an early stage, allowing the work of others to influence the work of my own."

This mixing of raw, organic live instrumentation in the studio, along with Angus's solo tinkering at the computer, results in an album that blurs boundaries between the archetypal band structure and experimental electronics. "Momentum and revolution were themes I wanted to explore, to give the listener this sense of transformation and to feel like you were being transported through the wormhole," he explains.

For Angus, The Apple Drop comes from a personal place of realignment and reconfiguration. "Throughout Liars' history I have consistently tried to develop new methods of creating music," Angus says. "On each project I've essentially abandoned previous methods and attempted to instead learn different ways of writing and producing songs. Where once I perceived this journey as a straight line, I'm increasingly realising my trajectory is more akin to a spiral. As new ideas are generated, older ones take on new meaning and evolve further."

There are not many bands that could make looking to the past feel futuristic but here Liars have managed to create an entirely new world – sonically, thematically and lyrically – by doing just that.
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 15 Aug 2021 19:28

A giorni la recensione più approfondita. Si può già dire che questo è uno dei dischi più facili della discografia dei Liars
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter