Liars! Liars! Liars!

a 360° su musica e cultura pop
AFX
Amministratore

Re: Liars

Post by AFX » 17 Apr 2014 10:46

senza chitarre a me i Liars non piacciono, tuttavia onore per la grande carriera, soprattutto per gli album dal 2° al 4°

RECE di pilgrim:
http://doyourealize.it/recensioni/waves ... -mess.html
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 03 Dec 2015 22:52

Una domanda.

Secondo voi, successivamente all'omonimo Liars, qual è il migliore?
Volevo comprare loro un CD perché alla fine mi stanno simpatici e la loro parte di matteria mi è sempre piaciuta.
Last edited by AFX on 03 Dec 2015 22:52, edited 1 time in total.
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

Homunculus1510

Post by Homunculus1510 » 04 Dec 2015 01:38

Se ti piace la matterìa, direi l'ultimo. Se vuoi il disco più bello, secondo me è WIXIW, anche se di matto non ha niente niente.
Why should we feel bad for what we've done? We still got the taste dancing on our tongues.

Pilgrim
Moderatore Globale

Post by Pilgrim » 04 Dec 2015 09:13

Fra Sisterworld, Wixiw e Mess, quello che ho ascoltato di più è sicuramente Sisterworld. C'erano ancora un po' di chitarre, negli ultimi due quasi niente. Però concordo sul discorso matterìa/bellezza fatto da Homunculus
"Stanco dell'infinitamente piccolo e dell'infinitamente grande,lo scienziato si dedicò all'infinitamente medio."
DYR
DYR Facebook
DYR Twitter Me su lastfm
il famigerato 3rd eye forum

Decades
Amministratore

Post by Decades » 04 Dec 2015 21:55

Mess lo abbiamo poco considerato forse ingiustamente. Ci sono quei due o tre pezzi che mi sono rimasti in testa. Ha un altro approccio e si perde nella marea di uscite, però schifo non fa eh. Mi annoia di più pensare di rimettere su Sisterworld.

Starn

Post by Starn » 18 May 2017 17:29

Tornano i Liars con un nuovo album ad Agosto
Thomas Borgogni
SoundCloud | Lastfm | Twitter | Rym

faulty

Post by faulty » 18 May 2017 21:51

Starn wrote: 18 May 2017 17:29 Tornano i Liars con un nuovo album ad Agosto
Ed è rimasto Angus Andrew come solo membro del gruppo.

Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden » 19 May 2017 15:41

Ma ne avranno ancora?

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 19 May 2017 15:45

faulty wrote: 18 May 2017 21:51
Starn wrote: 18 May 2017 17:29 Tornano i Liars con un nuovo album ad Agosto
Ed è rimasto Angus Andrew come solo membro del gruppo.
è l'album della disperazione a questo punto
senza gli altri 2 si deve reinventare

grande band comunque
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 29 Jun 2017 19:07

Angus Andrew ovvero i LIARS pubblicheranno il 25 agosto "TFCF" il loro atteso nuovo album.

Following an amicable parting of ways with Aaron Hemphill, Liars is now Angus Andrew, who decamped to his native Australia, specifically to a remote part of the Australian bush, to create an album unlike any Liars had attempted before.

Angus Andrew explains, “Suddenly, the tides of the ocean became the most important thing to me, because I live right on the ocean now, and to get my boat out in the morning to get groceries on the mainland I’ve got to know when the tide is coming in, or I’ll get stuck. Very basic things like that suddenly became top priority in my life. And the effect was interesting. The last record, Mess, was made in LA, and had very tight corners and clean edges – it was sharp, programmed, organised. It sounds a lot like living in a city. But now, everything started to fall off-time.”

As he recorded the tracks for the new album, Angus kept a microphone running that he’d set up just outside of his studio, pointed out into the bush. “A lot of the sounds I was working on were samples, they lived inside my computer, but I still wanted to have a connection with everything around me,” he says. “So everything I was recording was in context of the world outside the studio… Sometimes I’d have my headphones on, just listening to the bush, and a bird would fly up and scream into the microphone. The truth is, even in New York or LA, I was still pretty isolated. Here, there are no other people around, but I feel much more connected to the environment around me than in a big city.”

The album’s reinvention of the Liars paradigm – blurring the lines between electronic and acoustic, between the experimental impulse and the addictive pop sensibility – is evidence that Angus’ creative energies remain as healthy as ever, even given the upheaval within the group.

TFCF was written and recorded by Liars (Angus Andrew). Butchy Fuego, who performed live with Liars following Julian Gross’ departure in 2014, plays drums on three tracks. TFCF was mixed by Gareth Jones and mastered by Christian Wright.

In addition to a string of festival dates in Europe and the US this summer, Angus and a new touring band have also announced details of an autumn tour. Full details below with more to be confirmed.

TFCF TRACKLIST
The Grand Delusional
Cliché Suite
Staring At Zero
No Help Pamphlet
Face To Face With My Face
Emblems Of Another Story
No Tree No Branch
Cred Woes
Coins In My Caged Fist
Ripe Ripe Rot
Crying Fountain