Re: Arcade Fire

Post by Alka » 26 Feb 2009 22:04

Top non in ordine e che si autodistruggerà tra cinque secondi

Laika
In the Backseat
Intervention
(Antichrist Television Blues)
No Cars Go

Nel frattempo mi sono finalmente ricordato di fare l'ordine per Funeral dal sempre ottimo Play.
Era già un pò di tempo che non ascoltavo gli schifidi mp3...tanto ora me lo compro mi dicevo...(2 anni sono passati :ph34r: )
The better the singer's voice is, the harder it is to believe what they're saying.

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 05 Mar 2009 10:43

Botta e risposta fra Coyne dei Flaming Lips e Win Butler degli Arcade Fire

coyne a rollingstone: "We've played some shows with them and they really treat people like shit," he said. "Whenever I've been around them, I've found that they not only treated their crew like shit, they treated the audience like shit. They treated everybody in their vicinity like shit. I thought, 'Who do they think they are?'"

Win Butler sul suo sito:

Wow, I can't believe I am actually writing to defend my bands "real" personality. I wish I could not respond to something like this, but the reality is is that people will be asking me questions about it for the next 5 years. I also fear that people will base their opinion of our band on the media quotes of a guy who doesn't even know us.

The only time we have ever shared a stage with the Flaming Lips was our last show on the Funeral tour at a festival in Las Vegas (over 3 years ago)...we arrived the morning of the show from Brazil, slept all day and awoke into some kind of surreal Vegas jet-lag dream in which we were playing after the Flaming Lips...how strange...I was really excited to meet Wayne. Clouds Taste Metallic was a huge record for me, and growing up in the weirdness of Houston, I always imagined Oklahoma City to be in the same universe. I was really nervous to meet him and I felt a little weird that we were playing after them. We traded a little hello, but he was a hard guy to get a read on. Steven Drodz was super nice, and I felt good after talking to him...

So...I am not sure Wayne is the best judge (based on seeing us play at a couple of festivals) if we are righteous, kind and goodhearted people like The Edge and Justin Timberlake (who I am sure he knows intimately as well). I can't imagine a reason why we would have been pompous towards The Flaming Lips, a band we have always loved, on that particular night, all those years ago. Unless I was way more jet-lagged then I remember, I hope I was less of a "prick" then telling Rollingstone that a bunch of people I don't know at all are really assholes.

As a closing note, the main point that I am offended by in this whole thing is for Wayne to say we treat our audience like shit...

At times like these I am comforted by knowing that even though Wayne slammed Beck all those years ago, he seems like a really nice guy to me. I guess everyone has a different idea of what being pompous means.

Win

io Coyne non l'ho conosciuto, ma posso dire di aver visto poche persone avere la pazienza di Win Butler a fine concerto.
Forse quella di Coyne è invidia insomma
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

absent friend
Moderatore Globale

Post by absent friend » 05 Mar 2009 13:24

i video su youtube poi dimostrano il contrario..sembra una band molto calorosa.
Visione, una distanza ci divide
rym last.fm anobii blog

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 05 Mar 2009 20:08

più di così...
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

faulty

Post by faulty » 05 Mar 2009 23:55

Dispiace leggere parole simili dette Coyne, soprattutto se come ha scritto poi Butler hanno suonato insieme solo una volta. Ovvio che traspare dell'invidia in queste parole, che poi non ha senso da parte di una band come i Flaming Lips...

After The Flood

Post by After The Flood » 06 Mar 2009 12:25

Mah :uff: a parte tutto gli Arcade Fire li preferisco di gran lunga ai Flaming Lips, anche perché anche se sono stati un gran gruppo non riesco mai ad ascoltare un loro disco per intero.

oppholdsvaer
Salon des Refusés

Post by oppholdsvaer » 06 Mar 2009 18:36

io ho amato Flaming Lips e gli Arcade Fire, seppure abbiano scritto due disconi, ancora devono guadagnare quella stima.
pare che Coyne abbia rivolto esattamente le stesse parole a Beck per cui credo si possano prendere con relativa leggerezza.
La scena canadese caga in testa a tutte le altre.

Sobieskiego 7/6

Post by Sobieskiego 7/6 » 07 Mar 2009 15:11

i Flaming Lips sono dei grandi ma non li facevo cosi' facili a sparare merda sui colleghi simili, perche' sia arcade fire che certe cose di beck sono per lo stesso tipo di ascoltatore dei FL :dry: quindi anche secondo me è invidia finissima
she sells sea shells on the sea shore the sea shells she sells are sea shells i'm sure!

Von

Post by Von » 07 Mar 2009 15:24

Chi non ama gli Arcade Fire non ama la musica.
No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 28 Mar 2009 11:47

il 6 aprile esce il dvd Arcade Fire's Vincent Moon-directed documentary 'Miroir Noir'
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter