the Melvins Topic

a 360° su musica e cultura pop
AFX
Amministratore

Re: the Melvins Topic

Post by AFX » 14 Jun 2023 16:47

https://www.loudersound.com/features/me ... n-10-songs bel post-intervista sulle 10 canzoni più importanti dei Melvins, secondo Buzz
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 10 Apr 2024 19:46

Melvins return with a brand new album, which they say is their weirdest yet. Joining Buzz, Dale and Steve McDonald are Roy Mayorga (Ministry, Soulfly, Stone Sour and Nausea) and Gary Chester (We Are The Asteroid).

TARANTULA HEART • APRIL 19, 2024 • IPECAC RECORDINGS

The Melvins new album Tarantula Heart is like nothing the band has ever done before. Probably the best record they've ever recorded. Certainly one of their weirdest. The five song album centers around the mammoth 19-minute opening track "Pain Equals Funny" and the noise laden heavy hitter "Working the Ditch."

"The way we approached Tarantula Heart was different than any other Melvins' album," explains Buzz Osborne. "I had Dale and Roy Mayorga come in and play along with Steven and I to some riffs, then I took those sessions and figured out what parts would work and wrote new music to fit. This isn't a studio approach we've ever taken. Usually we have the songs written BEFORE we start recording!"

"The majority of Tarantula Heart has dual drum parts," adds long-time Melvins drummer Dale Crover. "We invited Roy Mayorga from Ministry to come record with us. Roy is an amazing drummer! We would discuss what we would do pattern wise, then we'd just go for it! Improvising riffs and trading off on drum fills."

etc. etc.
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 22 Apr 2024 14:34

EPICO è la parola giusta per descrivere il nuovo Melvins. Epico come forse mi vengono in mente i migliori vecchi Motorpsycho sapevano essere
Sembra un discone ragazzi, già dalle prime note.
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden » 22 Apr 2024 19:11

AFX wrote: 22 Apr 2024 14:34 EPICO è la parola giusta per descrivere il nuovo Melvins. Epico come forse mi vengono in mente i migliori vecchi Motorpsycho sapevano essere
Sembra un discone ragazzi, già dalle prime note.
Mamma mia, concordo. Questi hanno 40+ anni di carriera alle spalle e ancora passione da vendere!!
Si sente che ci credono ancora

psyco_naut

Post by psyco_naut » 24 Apr 2024 10:43

non è semplice per niente (sarà anche che sto facendo una robina un po' delicata).
Però epico potrebbe essere l'aggettivo giusto.