Mike Patton Delirium

a 360° su musica e cultura pop
madsun

Re: Mike Patton Delirium

Post by madsun » 05 Jun 2020 17:44

AFX wrote: 05 Jun 2020 14:40 sembrano i Mr Bungle però? A me non pare, anche se la riuscita è buona
no, è praticamente una versione hc, mi aspettavo qualcosa di più pazzo in effetti...ma il buon Mike è in grande spolvero anche in questa versione eh!
E' anche vero che è materiale che hanno suonato riregistrando il loro primo demo che era una roba ben diversa dagli album successivi:

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 14 Aug 2020 10:24

The Raging Wrath of the Easter Bunny Demo Tracklist:
01. Grizzly Adams
02. Anarchy Up Your Anus
03. Raping Your Mind
04. Hypocrites / Habla Español O Muere
05. Bungle Grind
06. Methematics
07. Eracist
08. Spreading The Thighs of Death
09. Loss For Words
10. Glutton For Punishment
11. Sudden Death

https://youtu.be/3U5ZKKxqUzY è thrash metal

nobody fucks with Mr Bungle
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 16 Oct 2020 21:04

il resto è fuffa
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 18 Oct 2020 21:02

è in circolo, ed è folle
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 19 Oct 2020 16:23

THE RAGING WRATH OF THE EASTER BUNNY DEMO
OCTOBER 30, 2020

Not unlike most ‘80s thrash metal bands, Mr. Bungle was formed in an impoverished lumber & fishing town by a trio of curious, volatile teenagers. Trey Spruance, Mike Patton & Trevor Dunn beget the amorphous “band” in 1985 up in Humboldt County, CA, sifting through a variety of members until around 1989 when they settled on a lineup that managed to get signed to Warner Bros. Records. No one really knows how this happened and it remains a complete mystery that even the algorithms of the internet can’t decode. Up until 2000 they released three albums, toured a good portion of the Western hemisphere and avoided any sort of critical acclaim. Some argue that the band subsequently broke up but there is also no proof of this. What is true is that they took 20 years off from performing under said moniker while they pursued various other musics that, in contrast, paid the rent.

Though Bungle regularly amended and modified their orchestrations — incorporating such exotic instruments as the saxophone, synthesizer, or even timpani (!!!) — they maintained footing in the mosh pit of their youth and continued to reference metal in one way or another. Even in their last tours of the millennium they played songs from their very first demo, the self-produced, amateurish gem The Raging Wrath of The Easter Bunny (1986).

The pull of returning to full-on metal was too strong to avoid and the idea arose to re-record that primal demo giving the music the much needed presentation and precision it deserved. Spruance, Patton & Dunn decided to go to the source, The Big Four of course, and hand-pick the two guys who could help them realize this body of work with the utmost brutality. Without hesitation, Scott Ian and Dave Lombardo (you may know their names from Anthrax & Slayer, respectively) were invited to get off their poolside recliners and start speed-picking and double-bassing with these small town fan boys. They accepted and dove full force into the music like a skate punk dives into a wall of slam dancers. In 2020 the recording of The Raging Wrath of The Easter Bunny Demo was completed in about 10 days following a series of pre-Covid, sold out shows.

Because this was a musical homecoming of 35 years, the relearning and re-recording felt brand new and was able to be enjoyed objectively, not to mention reinvigorated by the likes of the masters Ian and Lombardo. Mr. Bungle maintained the rawness and severity of the original demo without too much embellishment preferring to let the music speak for itself in all of its teenage-angst glory. In addition to what was on the original cassette-only release, three original songs from the same era were realized for the first time. With this new album, the first for the band in 20 years, Mr. Bungle has self-appointed themselves as the final puzzle piece in the pentagonal Big Five.
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 20 Oct 2020 15:34

DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden » 20 Oct 2020 16:39

AFX wrote: 20 Oct 2020 15:34 http://doyourealize.it/mr-bungle-the-ra ... unny-demo/ un disco thrash metal, ecco cos'è
Ottimo, lo ascolterò di sicuro.

Riprendo un passaggio della recensione di AFX:
Oddio, di sicuro sono più a casa oggi nella Ipecac di Patton che negli anni Novanta con la Warner Bros. (per altro, davvero altri tempi quelli in cui una major metteva sotto contratto una band assurda come questa, ci pensate?),
Avevo letto che all'epoca il contratto con la Warner fu frutto della presenza di Patton, che nel frattempo aveva fatto il botto coi FNM (rimanendo però fedele alla sua band originale, i Mr.Bungle appunto).

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 20 Oct 2020 18:36

Sicuramente è andata come dici, ma negli ultimi 20 anni una cosa del genere non sarebbe mai successa. Cioé, i Mr.Bungle a parte California hanno un catalogo inascoltabile, o meglio improponibile da qualsiasi radio/tv

Questo nuovo non fa eccezione, ma è molto valido secondo me. Ci si sono messi con passione e amicizia, perché non lo fai un disco così a oltre 50 anni altrimenti, non si è mai visto.
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

madsun

Post by madsun » 20 Oct 2020 22:31

Acquisto a scatola chiusa.

Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden » 26 Oct 2020 16:42

E' veramente spassoso questo "nuovo/vecchio" Mr.Bungle. Spacca di brutto e c'è la giusta e consueta dose di ironia e follia tipica di Patton.
Tra parentesi, queste cose "old-school metal" oramai le reggo solo in questo formato: se si prendono troppo sul serio mi annoiano. Qui invece c'è una gran dose di giocosità e sono molto d'accordo con te AFX quando dicevi
Ci si sono messi con passione e amicizia, perché non lo fai un disco così a oltre 50 anni altrimenti, non si è mai visto.