Post rock, c'eravamo tanto amati..

a 360° su musica e cultura pop
Messer Dino Compagni

Re: Post rock, c'eravamo tanto amati..

Post by Messer Dino Compagni » 25 Sep 2017 16:48

Homunculus1510 wrote: 25 Sep 2017 12:15 Però posso dire? Per me i due pezzi di Asunder sono i migliori partoriti dal nuovo corso dei Godspeed. La prima è probabilmente nella top 3, massimo top 4 dei pezzi iniziali di un disco, e Piss Crown Are Trembled mi fa piangere ogni. Singola. Volta. Che. La. Ascolto.
Ma magari sono io che lo "sento" troppo, quel disco.
Da pelle d'oca. Piango anch'io.
Ruin has come not in fire nor in ashen rain
Only in turgid silence, hangin', flayed.

Try to lull us in before the havoc begins into a dubious state of serenity
Acting all surprised when you're caught in the lie
It's not unlike you

The Sheltering Sky

Post by The Sheltering Sky » 14 Oct 2017 23:02

Dubito che un concerto riuscirà ad entusiasmarmi tanto in futuro. GY!BE immensi. La compagnia di teatro danza è un valore aggiunto inestimabile...

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 19 Oct 2017 21:22

in questo topic abbiamo parlato di Bark Psychosis più volte.
Qualcuno si esprime su Codename: Dustsucker? Parliamo sempre e solo di Hex e vorrei un commento sul loro disco del 2004
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

wounder
Moderatore Globale

Post by wounder » 20 Oct 2017 23:55

AFX wrote: 19 Oct 2017 21:22 in questo topic abbiamo parlato di Bark Psychosis più volte.
Qualcuno si esprime su Codename: Dustsucker? Parliamo sempre e solo di Hex e vorrei un commento sul loro disco del 2004
Negli anni l'ho ascoltato molto, credo quasi quanto Hex. Ricordo che anche Denis aka absent friend ne era grande estimatore.
But how can you sleep with my heart so loud?

Homunculus1510

Post by Homunculus1510 » 08 Dec 2017 12:05

Nuovo solista di Efrim a febbraio, la Costellation ha diffuso la prima traccia.

Why should we feel bad for what we've done? We still got the taste dancing on our tongues.

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 10 Dec 2017 09:27

metto qui, anche se potremmo più parlare di progressive-ambient...
https://instantclassic.bandcamp.com/album/zimpel-zio-ek
uno dei dischi dell'anno lo fanno questi due polaccacci oltre l'Oder
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

Gap

Post by Gap » 06 Jan 2018 18:51

Spulciando la classifica di Fact ho scoperto Rusty dei Rodan, tra l'altro, io non lo avrei definito post-rock..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_NKtGTstVw
In un periodo in cui le uscite rock, devo dire, non mi esaltano è la manna.

Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden » 10 Jan 2018 10:20

Gap wrote: 06 Jan 2018 18:51 Spulciando la classifica di Fact ho scoperto Rusty dei Rodan, tra l'altro, io non lo avrei definito post-rock..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_NKtGTstVw
In un periodo in cui le uscite rock, devo dire, non mi esaltano è la manna.
Sì, è un gran disco quello. Secoli che non lo ascolto, lo ripescherò volentieri.

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 12 Jan 2018 10:25

Ho il link per il disco di Efrim solista. La storia da cui prende ispirazione è inusuale...
se qualcuno vuole scriverne, lo passo
Show
PISSING STARS BY EFRIM MANUEL MENUCK, THE SECOND AND MUCH-ANTICIPATED SOLO RECORD BY THE FOUNDER OF GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR AND THEE SILVER MT. ZION, IS OUT ON CONSTELLATION 02 FEBRUARY 2018

PISSING STARS is inspired by the brief romance of american television presenter MARY HART and MOHAMMED KHASHOGGI, the son of a saudi arms dealer. i don't know how long their union endured, but i remember reading about them when i was a desperate teenager – there was something about their pairing that got caught in my head. i was living in a flooded basement with two other lost kids and a litter of feral kittens. we were all unfed. this strange intersection – the televisual blonde and the rich saudi kid with the murderous father; it got stuck in me like a mystery, like an illumination- this vulgar pairing that was also love. these privileged scions of death and self-alienation, but also love. i've carried it in me for 3 decades now, this obscure memory, and i return to it often, tracing its edges like a worn talisman. this record is about the dissolution of their relationship, and the way that certain stubborn lights endure. this record was made in dark corners between 2016 and 2017. a very rough pair of years, shot thru with fatigue, depression, despair, and too many cigarettes and too much booze. but also = the giddiness of enervation, and the strange liberation of being emptied – borne aloft and carried by the drift. the world continues its eternal collapsing, fires everywhere and everything drained of meaning. this record was made in various states of unease, with a brittle heart and a clear intent. like running towards a cliff with 2 swinging knives, roaring with an idiot grin. overcome and overjoyed. this record is about the end of love and the beginning of love. this record is about the dissolution of the state, and all of us trapped beneath, and the way that certain stubborn lights endure. – ExMxMx
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AripRne

Post by AripRne » 14 Jan 2018 00:44

Efrim Manuel Menuck - LxOxVx / Shelter In Place

il problema vero di questa cavalcata noise è che dura solo 7 minuti
C I N O B A L A N O S + Kimono Lights

> For Change is what we are, my child <

«Finalmente l'orizzonte torna ad apparirci libero, pur ammettendo che non è sereno.» - Nietzsche