Sunn O)))

a 360° su musica e cultura pop
Alka

Re: Sunn O)))

Post by Alka » 11 Jun 2009 16:45

Mi sa che non riesco proprio a inquadrare questo gruppo: mi sono un pò ascoltato 00 Void, Black One e questo ultimo ma ho trovato ben pochi motivi di interesse e mi sembrano anche abbastanza innuocui e grossolani nella loro proposta.

Non so se sia un paragone azzeccato ma se cerco delle situazioni di ascolto simili preferisco il self titled di Jesu o anche Lustmord.
The better the singer's voice is, the harder it is to believe what they're saying.

Shaun
Salon des Refusés

Post by Shaun » 11 Jun 2009 17:27

Ho Black One originale, bell'artwork, ma non riesco ad ascoltarlo. Lustmord lo trovo diverso (e lo preferisco, comunque).
I, even I, know the solution
love, music, wine and revolution

Comely

Pilgrim
Moderatore Globale

Post by Pilgrim » 14 Jun 2009 18:16

Alka wrote:Mi sa che non riesco proprio a inquadrare questo gruppo: mi sono un pò ascoltato 00 Void, Black One e questo ultimo ma ho trovato ben pochi motivi di interesse e mi sembrano anche abbastanza innuocui e grossolani nella loro proposta.
Non so se sia un paragone azzeccato ma se cerco delle situazioni di ascolto simili preferisco il self titled di Jesu o anche Lustmord.

però siamo su tutta un'altra linea eh.
capisco che il genere può essere disturbante,ma è un'altra proposta quella dei Sunn O))).grossolani,nel loro genere,proprio no.
"Stanco dell'infinitamente piccolo e dell'infinitamente grande,lo scienziato si dedicò all'infinitamente medio."
DYR
DYR Facebook
DYR Twitter Me su lastfm
il famigerato 3rd eye forum

Alka

Post by Alka » 14 Jun 2009 18:46

Il discorso è che non mi disturba proprio per niente!
Ho detto grossolano riferendomi principalmente al cantato nella prima canzone nell'ultimo album.
"we forget everyting".
Ma daaaai! :D
The better the singer's voice is, the harder it is to believe what they're saying.

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 21 Dec 2018 20:45

Alvin Lucier; premiering a pair of pieces written for and performed by Oren Ambarchi and Stephen O’Malley (Sunn 0))), Æthenor), and released thru the former’s indomitable Black Truffle label

uscito quasi un anno fa

DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

madsun

Post by madsun » 10 Jan 2019 14:44

Tornano anche loro eh, che hanno registrato(o stanno registrando) con Steve Albini...io sono curioso.
Per ora comunque non si conoscono titolo e data di uscita.

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 10 Jan 2019 19:43

Il momento di massima esposizione fu Black One comunque. Lì tutti ci mettemmo ad ascoltare i Sunn o)))
Non solo quelli che "io li seguo dai tempi di" o i black metallari.

Uscirono Black One e Hex degli Earth quasi assieme. Do you remember?
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

Pilgrim
Moderatore Globale

Post by Pilgrim » 10 Jan 2019 22:28

confermo, anche io mi ci misi in quel periodo, e fu un gran bel periodo. Black One era devastante.
dopo averli visti due volte dal vivo, una dentro un buco a Bologna, e la seconda dentro il labirinto della Masone...
Show
posso dire di attendere con molta curiosità.
"Stanco dell'infinitamente piccolo e dell'infinitamente grande,lo scienziato si dedicò all'infinitamente medio."
DYR
DYR Facebook
DYR Twitter Me su lastfm
il famigerato 3rd eye forum

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 03 Apr 2019 17:12

Sunn O))) have revealed a U.S. listening session in addition to their events in London and Paris in the lead up to the release of Life Metal (April 26th, Southern Lord). Confirmed for April 13th, the Brooklyn-based listening session will take place at Future Space in collaboration with Southern Lord Recordings and The Tinnitus Music Series. The experience will feature a tower of loudspeakers, engulfing walls of fog, and throbbing color. A congregation of guests are invited to traverse the outer zones of consciousness and expanses of the cosmos through sound/time and sound/energy. This event is free, open to the public and available on a first come, first serve basis. RSVP now.

Sunn O))) comments: ”With great pleasure we present a few special public deep listening sessions of our forthcoming album Life Metal. Our wish and intention are to offer the astounding presence, detail and color of this recording on great PA systems in a public situation as an introduction. Part of the joy of producing and mastering this album in the studio was that we were fortunate to be able to listen on the perfect high fidelity playback situations for the record, top precise studio sound guided by the best ears in the business. With these public listening sessions we hope to get a step closer to that experience of being inside the studio for you all at these special events, a few weeks before the album is unleashed upon the world." - Stephen & Greg / SUNN O)))

Life Metal, their first studio album in four years, will be supported by Sunn O)))'s first U.S. tour since 2017 and the premier U.S. tour of their 2019-2020 season, including a newly announced stop in Pittsburgh at Carnegie Homestead Music Hall, as well as stops at The Masonic Lodge in Detroit, Howard Theatre in DC, Agora Theatre in Cleveland, Rockefeller Chapel in Chicago (second show added), The Caves in Pelham, TN and Brooklyn Steel. Dates and details can be found below.

Sunn O))) will collaborate with Record Store Day (#RSD19) to release Life Metal for the first time on CD and vinyl on April 13th via USA/UK/EU indie retail. April 26th marks the official release date of the digital and all other vinyl variants via Southern Lord, and CD and LP will be available to order from Sunn O))) and Southern Lord stores on April 19th.
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

madsun

Post by madsun » 04 Apr 2019 14:07

Pilgrim wrote: 10 Jan 2019 22:28 confermo, anche io mi ci misi in quel periodo, e fu un gran bel periodo. Black One era devastante.
dopo averli visti due volte dal vivo, una dentro un buco a Bologna, e la seconda dentro il labirinto della Masone...
Show
posso dire di attendere con molta curiosità.
dovevo esserci anche io quella sera, mannaggia.

comunque poi non avevo più postato, la cover:

e trackilist:
1. Between Sleipnir’s Breaths
2. Troubled Air
3. Aurora
4. Novae
e hanno un altro album già pronto, Pyroclasts , se ne parla per autunno 2019.