Made in Italy

a 360° su musica e cultura pop
Homunculus1510

Re: Made in Italy

Post by Homunculus1510 » 20 Sep 2017 12:33

Starn wrote: 20 Sep 2017 07:06 Sopratutto "tu t'e scurdat 'e me"
Quella per me è la canzone dell'anno. Ma proprio a mani basse.
Why should we feel bad for what we've done? We still got the taste dancing on our tongues.

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 20 Sep 2017 12:34

Alessandro Cortini today shares ‘Vincere’, the second track to be revealed from his sixth solo LP, AVANTI, due for release on 6 October digitally and on double 12” vinyl via The Point of Departure Recording Company, a new label in partnership with [PIAS].

Speaking about ‘Vincere’, Cortini says: “Vincere” (to win) follows the main theme of AVANTI as a whole: memories that are gone but leave a sense of sweet melancholy, embellished by the very thing that makes them faulty. Vincere is about youth, about pure happiness and utter lack of fear....Just look at that smile (that’s a little me in the video)...getting back to that purity should be everyone’s ultimate goal in life.”

The tracks of AVANTI evoke a feeling of nostalgia through the warmth of their instrumentation and samples from Cortini’s grandfather’s archive, which bookend each track. Take opener ‘Iniziare’ which, with its undercurrent of bass and swelling string-like motifs, is like a sepia-tinged photograph brought to life – at once elegiac and uplifting. Or the wistful ‘Nonfare’ that, with its fuzzy, organ-like tones veiled by noise, sounds like a faded memory. While on ‘Vincere’, the lush layering of effervescent melodies with choral harmonies paints a picture of a carefree, sunlit scene from childhood, now painfully out of our reach.

After impressing Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor at a series of auditions, Cortini joined the band’s touring line-up in 2005 and later contributed to the group’s 2008 album Ghosts I–IV and 2013’s Hesitation Marks. Despite NIN’s busy touring schedule, Cortini found the time to release a trilogy of double-LPs, named Forse, as well as two albums, Sonno and Risveglio, both on Dominick Fernow’s Hospital Productions label. The latter two initially started life as sleep aids which Cortini would play to himself while on tour. Only later were those makeshift lullabies fleshed out into ambient soundscapes of the borderlands between wakefulness and sleep.

On his follow-up AVANTI, Cortini has turned his attention to a different aspect of our inner lives – memory. The recordings that are sampled throughout the album offer us a deeply personal glimpse into Cortini’s childhood but they also have the effect of stir-ring our own recollections. “I wanted the recordings to facilitate this connection at an emotional level with the listener in the same way I feel connected to it personally,” he says. With AVANTI, Cortini has created a soundtrack not just for his own past but also for ours.

Alessandro Cortini’s sixth solo album AVANTI is due for release on 6 October via The Point of Departure Recording Company

The Point Of Departure Recording Company is a new independent label based in the U.K. The first release is the new album from Alessandro Cortini.

Future releases over the next few months include records by Western Skies Motel, Toy Piano (a new project from composer Matt Dunkley) & the debut from Broken Shadows.

Pre-Order “AVANTI” on double 12” vinyl and digitally here:

http://smarturl.it/ACortiniAVANTI

Track List

01. Iniziare

02. Perdonare

03. Aspettare

04. Non Fare

05. Vincere

06. Perdere

07. Finire

Live Dates

05 Oct – Berghain – Berlin, DL

13 Oct – Conne Island – Leipzig, DL

26 Oct – Delay in Universal Loop – Benevento, IT

tutti a Benevento per vedere Cortini dai
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

Homunculus1510

Post by Homunculus1510 » 27 Oct 2017 18:16

Raga, Colapesce è uno di noi.
Il disco nuovo è davvero bello (almeno dopo il primo ascolto), e musicalmente prende tantissime di quelle cose un po' elettroniche e un po' dissonanti che piacciono a noi.
Tanta roba, bravo.
Why should we feel bad for what we've done? We still got the taste dancing on our tongues.

Tyler Durden

Post by Tyler Durden » 27 Oct 2017 18:28

Beh a me il precedente non era dispiaciuto, anche se lo avevo ascoltato per un periodo breve. Ascolto volentieri anche questo allora.

LaJoneserìa
Salon des Refusés

Post by LaJoneserìa » 27 Oct 2017 19:10

Homunculus1510 wrote: 27 Oct 2017 18:16 Raga, Colapesce è uno di noi.
Il disco nuovo è davvero bello (almeno dopo il primo ascolto), e musicalmente prende tantissime di quelle cose un po' elettroniche e un po' dissonanti che piacciono a noi.
Tanta roba, bravo.
Un meraviglioso declino l'ho adorato e l'adoro tutt'ora. Il secondo non mi aveva detto granchè.
Questo nuovo lo ascolto, allora.

TheCloud

Post by TheCloud » 13 Nov 2017 17:07

Oggi stavo pensando a quanto è brutto Antonello Venditti con quegli occhiali.
Show
Poi ho pensato: non voglio essere prevenuto, magari c'è un CD che abbia scritto che sia degno di essere ascoltato.. Sono del tutto ignorante in materia, qualcuno vuole illuminarmi? :unsure:
Se incontrate il Buddha per la strada, uccidetelo

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 23 Nov 2017 21:23

due dischi italiani da ricordare. Così.
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

TheCloud

Post by TheCloud » 24 Nov 2017 15:06

Nuovo singolo di Cosmo:

Turbo A un primo ascolto non mi pare granchè...

Starn

Post by Starn » 25 Nov 2017 08:35

Sì vabbè si viveva anche senza questo nuovo pezzo di Cosmo, speriamo nell'album. Non vorrei si fosse bruciato
Thomas Borgogni
SoundCloud | Lastfm | Twitter | Rym

TheCloud

Post by TheCloud » 30 Nov 2017 13:13

Qualcuno mi da qualche dritta su Rino Gaetano? Dove cominciare? Mai sentito nulla

Nel frattempo è uscito il video di TURBO insieme a una nuova traccia di Cosmo su YT:
Show
L’album sarà un doppio. Ci sarà spazio, oltre che per le canzoni, per pezzi puramente da club, per forme più libere di scrittura, per viaggi pensati per il corpo. Quindi buon viaggio
Stiamo a vedere