Wavering ISIS

a 360° su musica e cultura pop
Messer Dino Compagni

Re: ISIS

Post by Messer Dino Compagni » 17 Nov 2017 02:19

The Sheltering Sky wrote: 17 Nov 2017 01:03 È ufficiale: nuovo album dei Sumac con Keiji Haino. L’accoppiata, sulla carta, è ottima. Staremo a sentire.
Credo sia un disco collaborazione. Tipo Isis+Aerogramme. Non so se sia il loro terzo album.
Ruin has come not in fire nor in ashen rain
Only in turgid silence, hangin', flayed.

Try to lull us in before the havoc begins into a dubious state of serenity
Acting all surprised when you're caught in the lie
It's not unlike you

The Sheltering Sky

Post by The Sheltering Sky » 17 Nov 2017 12:16

Messer Dino Compagni wrote: 17 Nov 2017 02:19
The Sheltering Sky wrote: 17 Nov 2017 01:03 È ufficiale: nuovo album dei Sumac con Keiji Haino. L’accoppiata, sulla carta, è ottima. Staremo a sentire.
Credo sia un disco collaborazione. Tipo Isis+Aerogramme. Non so se sia il loro terzo album.
Hai ragione, è una collaborazione. Sono contento, dai. Tra la miriade di artisti noise Haino ha qualcosa in più. Qui si, Scaruffi può dare una mano a inquadrare l’autore (anche se RYM...).

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 11 Dec 2017 09:06

nella pagina facebook sono comparse tre immagini di artwork. forse la riedizione di Mosquito Control, l'EP
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

Azrael1793

Post by Azrael1793 » 13 Dec 2017 15:16

Disponibile per il pre-order, che brutto artwork però, mi aspettavo di più. Anche la maglia troppo cafona. Magari più in là valuto se prenderlo di import dall'Europa, è un EP che mi piace tantissimo
"Not Knowing What Is And Is Not
Knowing, I Knew Not"
Twittah

Messer Dino Compagni

Post by Messer Dino Compagni » 24 Feb 2018 12:38

https://sumac.bandcamp.com/

Metto anche qui. Nuovo Sumac + Keiji Haino. E' un album improvvisato jammando.
Ruin has come not in fire nor in ashen rain
Only in turgid silence, hangin', flayed.

Try to lull us in before the havoc begins into a dubious state of serenity
Acting all surprised when you're caught in the lie
It's not unlike you

The Sheltering Sky

Post by The Sheltering Sky » 06 Mar 2018 22:40

Comunque American Dollar Bill si sta rivelando una collaborazione riuscitissima. È molto ostico ma vale la pena provarlo.

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 21 Mar 2018 00:54

e ancora un altro progetto
https://www.revolvermag.com/music/hear- ... anium-song
Split Cranium
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 05 Apr 2018 14:57

AFX wrote: 21 Mar 2018 00:54 e ancora un altro progetto
https://www.revolvermag.com/music/hear- ... anium-song
Split Cranium
Show
Ipecac Recordings announce the new and second album from the trans-atlantic group Split Cranium - which features Faith Coloccia (Mamiffer, Mara), Aaron Turner (Mammifer, Sumac, Old Man Gloom and so much more), Nate Newton (Converge, Doomriders, Old Man Gloom), Tomi Leppänen (Circle, K-X- P) and Jussi Lehtisalo (Circle) - entitled I'm The Devil and I'm Ok, to be released across all formats on the 25th May.

The self-titled debut was an exhilerating barrage of super-charged hardcore, replete with blitzkrieg riffing, stampeding pace, and gravel-throated ire, a ferocious homage to Nordic d-beat masters Terveet Kädet and Anti Cimex. Six years later, their second album, I'm The Devi and I'm Ok comparitively explores the contrasts of melody and dissonance, opening the album with Popol Vuh-inspired keyboards by Faith Coloccia that saturate the ruthless reinterpretation of the Discharge template on "Evil Hands". The contrasting breaths of sublime ambience serve to highlight the savagery abetted by bassist Nate Newton and Tomi Leppänen (Circle, K-X- P), making I'm The Devil and I'm Ok simultaneously more sonically rounded and more visceral and vicious.

"We wanted to make a record that was less straightforward than the first one," Turner says of their method. "Jussi loves melody and I love dissonance and noise, so that is probably the healthy creative contrast that made this record what it is."

While Split Cranium continues to be driven by the blazing guitar malaise of Lehtisalo and the harrowing bellows of Turner, the melodic counterpoint provided by Newton on "Wet Shadow", the ethereal vocals summoned by Coloccia on "Ingurgitated Liquids" and "Death Bed – The Yellow Room", and the squalls of white noise on "Whirling Dusk" are a but a few of the components that knock I'm The Devil and I'm Ok off the axis of traditional d-beat hardcore.

Some of the strongest records in the anarcho-punk canon have figured out ways to inject melody or push extremes without diffusing their punch or diminishing their hooks. Split Cranium retains the principal components of speed and vitriol while expanding their frequency spectrum into realms of both beauty and sheer ugliness, making I'm The Devil and I'm Ok a white-knuckle mind-melter in a realm of sterile imitations.
ascolto nel weekend.
questo se qualcuno ne vuole scrivere lo posso passare
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

The Sheltering Sky

Post by The Sheltering Sky » 15 Jun 2018 08:16

Nuovo album dei Sumac in uscita a settembre. Si intitola Love In Shadow.

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 20 Jun 2018 19:04

comunicato stampa Sumac
Show
“For over two decades, Aaron Turner has been on the front lines of intelligent forward-thinking heavy music” - Revolver

“Defiantly experimental and exploratory, full of dissonant bursts of sludge, quick punches of math, desert-wandering Morricone metal, throbbing Swans-ian slamming and sections opened up for improvisation." - Rolling Stone

On Keiji Haino & SUMAC's early 2018 album American Dollar Bill...:
"One of the year's best rock records, it is a five-track behemoth that includes quarter-hour tessellations of tortured guitar and explosive drums. Above the melee, Haino howls tormented poetry, grappling as he always does with complex feelings that seem just beyond clear expression." - NPR

On September 21st, SUMAC - the trio of Aaron Turner (ISIS, Old Man Gloom, Mamiffer), Nick Yacyshyn (Baptists, Erosion), and Brian Cook (Russian Circles) - will be releasing new album Love In Shadow. Earlier this year, SUMAC released their acclaimed collaborative effort with legendary Japanese artist Keiji Haino, American Dollar Bill - Keep Facing Sideways, You're Too Hideous To Look At Face On.

Love In Shadow is a brutalizing dive into love and all its raw emotions, and SUMAC are always searching for a new approaches and challenges. Turner’s nimble songwriting combusted with the road-honed intuition and technical prowess of his bandmates results in a sound that is at once complex and primal. Riffs lurch into psychotropic scrapes, drum fills are distended and mangled, and Turner’s voice carries the weight of a strife that is colossal in both volume and austerity.

Recorded live in a single room at Robert Lang Studios in Washington by Kurt Ballou (Converge), who later mixed the album at his own studio God City, Love In Shadow ushers in a more improvisational songwriting approach for SUMAC - a sea change galvanized by their collaboration with Haino. Finding comfort in the negative spaces within each track’s borderland was the trio’s primary goal in writing the four massive tracks comprising Love In Shadow.

On the album's emotional motif, Turner says: “Since many of the surface level aspects of our being are often used as divisive tools to separate/alienate us from one another, the intent here is reveal that at our base level all humans desire and need to be loved and accepted for who they are, for just being.”
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter