Be Quiet and Drive _ Deftones

a 360° su musica e cultura pop
AFX
Amministratore

Be Quiet and Drive _ Deftones

Post by AFX » 06 Feb 2009 10:18

http://www.panopticonmag.com/articolime ... sensi.html

ne parlavamo lo scorso numero del panopticon, ed ecco la risposta!

"With the announcement of our appearance on Bamboozle, we felt like its time to address some things.
First, Chi. Our fallen comrade has not made significant progress as of late, but continues to fight on from his accident. Doctors are working feverishly to return our brother to us, and we continue to hold out hope and faith that Chi returns to the life he has waiting for him and can join us on stage once again.
For everyone that knows Chi, knows that he never wanted down time. Chi always wanted to keep working and never slow down, which is why we feel confident in returning to the stage at Bamboozle in April. Chi would want it, and we want to make sure we're keeping his legacy alive.
Back in 1999, Chi had to leave the band for a brief moment and our close friend Sergio Vega filled in to keep the train moving. 10 years later, Sergio is going to step in once again while Chi is down. Sergio is family to us, and had received Chi's blessing before, so without a doubt we know that if Chi could tell us now, he would give us his blessing again.
In the meantime, we continue work on our record, and as for Bamboozle, we felt like we needed to poke our heads up for a quick breath before we buckle down and get this record finished... So we'll see you all in Irvine."
Cheng is said to still be in a coma following a car accident in November of last year.

Sergio Vega ex Quicksand
Last edited by AFX on 24 Sep 2012 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Re: Deftones: corrispondenza d'amorosi sensi

Post by AFX » 22 Aug 2009 08:35

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytHCi8AR ... r_embedded[/youtube]

tutto il concerto al pukkelpop in 12 parti
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 02 Sep 2009 10:02

Chino: "We're gonna try to get the record out for the end of this year,"
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 15 Oct 2009 17:58

Deftones have issued an extensive update regarding the condition of bassist Chi Cheng in addition to their next album. Here you go:

"First and foremost, we are all still praying and hoping for our brother's and bandmate's recovery. He continues to get hospital care, but often it feels as if we're no closer to knowing what is ultimately going to happen to him as he continues to fight off infections as part of an ongoing battle with his condition. We trust all of you have been following his progress at One Love For Chi; we have as well. Whenever we have significant information regarding his condition, we will share it with all of you. In the meantime, we're working on getting a benefit show together for Chi in Los Angeles this fall; details will follow very soon. Let's all continue to channel positive energy into the universe for Chi's recovery.

"There has been a lot of speculation lately about what is going on with the record: Eros for one, and Chi's parts, and this new record that we are currently tracking. The songs recorded for Eros are very special to us as they are the latest with Chi (and we certainly hope not the last); they have history and significant meaning to us. However, as we neared completion on Eros, we realized that this record doesn't best encompass and represent who we are currently as people and as musicians. And although those songs will see the light of day at some point, we collectively made the decision that we needed to take a new approach, and with Chi's condition heavy on our minds while doing so. We needed to return to the studio to do what we felt was right artistically. Our inspiration and unity as a band is stronger than it has ever been before and we needed to channel that energy into our music, and deliver to our fans what you rightly deserve: the best Deftones record that we can make.

"The decision to hold off on releasing Eros has no connection with Chi's condition or anything associated. This was, and is, purely a creative decision by the band to write, record, and deliver an amazing product. As a result we feel like this is the best record we've ever written. And although Chi is not playing bass with us, his presence is dramatically felt in our hearts and on our minds everyday when we step into that studio, and you will feel it in the music.

"We have some dates coming up this summer as you know, and the best thing that we can do now is to try to return this situation to the closest thing to normalcy as possible. The stage is our home, and you are our family."
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 11 Mar 2010 20:50

DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

Dry
Moderatore Globale

Post by Dry » 12 Mar 2010 00:00

arriverà un giorno in cui mi chiuderò in camera (o prenderò la macchina per fare un giro in autostrada, dipende) e farò una completa full immersion dei Deftones, dal primo album fino alle ultime cose brutte, dico sul serio. In un periodo di totale stress da lavoro mi fa troppo effetto sentirli e tornare all'adolescenza, mi faccio anche prendere dai ricordi.

Comunque, questo nuovo album lo ascolterò e non penso che infierirò più di tanto, già adesso non gli darei una lira.
Ci aveva pensato..

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 03 Aug 2011 08:34

Chino Moreno si deve essere appassionato alla witch house. Cercate su google "chino moreno crosses" e buon download
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

toolipano

Post by toolipano » 03 Aug 2011 09:40

aveva già dimostrato altre volte di aver dei gusti tutto sommato raffinati mi pare. Tuttavia di questo progetto non me ne frega niente, quindi non mi pronuncio sulla sua effettiva qualità :)

AFX
Amministratore

Post by AFX » 05 Aug 2011 22:19

io un disco dei deftones non lo ascolto per intero neanche per 300 euro l'ora in camera ormai, anche se in fin dei conti di tutto il calderone/scena nu-metal sono gli unici da salvare in toto

alla fine non ce la possiamo prendere anche coi deftones che sono un gruppo onesto, serio, sobrio (anche se magari per chi ha i brufoli sulle chiappe)

team sleep come side project aveva i suoi momenti, ed era comunque più interessante (come atmosfera più che come songwriting) degli ultimi 2-3 album dei deftones. questo crosses non so, pare più uno schiribizzo di chi s'è lasciato incuriosire dalla moda witch house
DoYouRealize

follow me on Twitter

Kqueg

Post by Kqueg » 08 Aug 2011 16:49

Io manco l’ho ascoltato l’ultimo lavoro... Troppo difficile accettare che certi tuoi riferimenti adolescenziali si siano invischiati nel voler suonare a tutti i costi...

Io cmq l’ho fatta la full immersion...

L’album che mi ha dato di più è stato White Pony...Riascoltare AtF forse è deleterio per via dei ricordi che si legano al bestiario che si era in quei tempi, ed ero uno che li ascoltava per andare sullo skate!...

Ok mi ritiro dalle scene ora...